Snow Hill, Md. (October 31, 2013) – The Lower Shore Health Insurance Assistance Program has an extensive outreach and education campaign planned that will reach hundreds of uninsured residents in Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester counties in November.
October was a successful month of creating public awareness through pharmacy events, presentations to local organizations, and even the Maryland Health Connection bus outreach tour. November will continue to utilize these avenues of outreach, but expand to include the use of Peninsula Regional Medical Center’s Wagner Wellness Van for mobile outreach events.
During November, staff will provide outreach, education, and enrollment opportunities for the public at the following confirmed locations:
- Saturday Nov. 2 - Healthy Happenings Fair, Pocomoke
- Saturday Nov. 2 - Berlin Home Depot, 1-5 p.m.
- Monday Nov. 4- Riverside Drive Pharmacy, Salisbury, 8 a.m.- Noon
- Monday Nov. 4- Milford Street Pharmacy, Salisbury, 1- 5 p.m.
- Monday Nov. 4 - Rite Aid Pharmacy, S. Salisbury Blvd., 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Tuesday Nov. 5- Rite Aid Pharmacy, Berlin, 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Tuesday Nov. 5- Rite Aid Pharmacy, Pocomoke, 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Wednesday Nov. 6- Mt. Carmel Baptist Church, Princess Anne, 6 p.m.- 7 p.m.
- Saturday Nov. 9- North Salisbury Walmart, 8 a.m.- Noon
- Tuesday Nov. 12- Rite Aid, West Ocean City, 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Thursday Nov. 14th- UMES, Student Services Center Princess Anne, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Saturday Nov. 16 - Berlin Walmart, 1-5 p.m.
- Monday Nov. 18- Apple Drug Pharmacy, Berlin, 10 a.m.- 6 p.m.
- Monday Nov. 18- Apple Drug Pharmacy, Fruitland, Noon - 8 p.m.
- Tuesday Nov. 19- Karemore Pharmacy, Princess Anne, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday Nov. 23- Pocomoke Walmart, 1-5 p.m.
- Monday Nov. 25- Peninsula Pharmacy, Salisbury, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Saturday Nov. 30- Fruitland Walmart, 1-5 p.m.
- Saturday Nov. 30- Marion Pharmacy, Crisfield, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Interested candidates can feel free to stop by one of these events to learn more about our program, or stay tuned for more events in upcoming months.
Staff also has scheduled office hours Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at various organizations throughout Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester counties. Such locations include health departments, departments of social services, TLC health centers, PRMC, and libraries. Those interested should contact our toll free call center at (855) 445-5540 to speak with a staff member to find the closest location and to set an appointment.
For more information on our program and a continuously updated list of events, please visit us at lowershorehealth.org.