In response to COVID-19, effective today, all Worcester County Health Department buildings are closed to the public. We are still working behind the scenes to protect our community. In accordance with Governor Hogan’s Executive Order regarding COVID-19 and social distancing, the Worcester County Health Department will be postponing the following programs:
- Diabetes Prevention Program- all groups are postponed
- Diabetes Support Group- March monthly support group postponed
- Worcester Wellness Weigh Cooking Demonstration scheduled for March 26, 2020 at 5:30 pm the Pocomoke Health Center
- TIPS Training scheduled for March 23, 2020 at 10 am at the Snow Hill Health Center
In addition, the Health Department will be canceling the following events:
- Public Health Conference scheduled for April 1, 2020
- Tortoise and Hare Dare scheduled for April 4, 2020
- Spring Wellness Camp scheduled for April 6-9,2020
- 8th Grade Transitional Dinner scheduled for April 22, 2020. If possible, a new date will be scheduled in the future.
- Drug and Alcohol Awards Reception scheduled for April 30, 2020
Several of our programs will be significantly limiting services:
- Outpatient Mental Health Services - Counselors will be contacting clients directly.
- Outpatient Addictions Services - Counselors will be contacting clients directly.
- All Outpatient Groups - Counselors will be contacting clients directly.
- Both Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Intakes will be by appointment only.
The Worcester County Health Department Dental Clinic is closed. Appointments will be rescheduled with patients.
Vital Records department will be closed to the public until further notice.
To place an order:
- Application forms and detailed information for ordering vital records or requesting amendments may be found at:
- By Mail - Mail forms to
Division of Vital Records
P.O. Box 68760
Baltimore, MD 21215
- By Internet – www.VitalChek.com
- By Phone – (410) 764-3038 #1
General inquiries may be made by phone at (410) 764-3038 #2
While our Behavioral Health Programs will be limiting services we continue to be available to our customers, community members and partners by phone or email. We will also be providing updates on our website and social media platforms. If you have any additional questions about our services please feel free to reach out to us directly at 410-632-1100 option #8.
If you are enrolled in group tobacco cessation classes, we will be providing participants with telephone counseling. Please call Alyssa Rink or Crystal Bell at 410-632-1100, Option 4 to schedule your weekly appointment. For those enrolled in the voucher programs, please call Prevention Services to discuss the best way to get the vouchers to you.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause as we work to keep everyone safe.