| Contact: Berlin Health Center
| Phone: 410-629-0164
Hours: Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Administrative Care Coordination (ACC)
The Administrative Care Coordination program (ACC) serves as a local resource for all HealthChoice Medicaid members. The ACC can:
- Help you understand your HealthChoice benefits and how to access services
- Explain your Managed Care Organization (MCO) choices
- Help you find a primary care physician (PCP) or specialist in your MCO's network (You can change your PCP at any time)
- Help you find a dentist for your child (MCOs are not required to cover dental services for adults)
- Help link you to Medicaid transportation services (MCOs are not required to provide transportation)
- Help get your prescriptions filled
- explain the health services you can get out of network and without a referral, like prenatal care (if you already started prenatal care) and family planning services
- Explain how to renew your Medicaid benefits through the Maryland Health Connection
- Explain how to keep your information updated and how to get a new Medicaid card if your card is lost or stolen
- Help you resolve a billing issue
- Explain your appeal & grievance rights
- Explain you annual right to change MCOs
Target populations include children, pregnant and postpartum women, individuals with disabilities (physical, mental or developmental), and homeless individuals. The ACC can help anyone who is eligible for HealthChoice.
The Ombudsman Program
The Ombudsman acts as an advocate for your healthcare needs. An Ombudsman may contact you when there are complex medical issues involving care coordination with the MCO. The HealthChoice Program may also request than an Ombudsman contact you to ensure that any complaints that you have about your healthcare or MCO have been resolved.
- Pocomoke Health Center
400-A Walnut Street
Pocomoke, MD 21851
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.