Berlin Health Center
Pocomoke Health Center
| Phone: 410-632-1100 Snow Hill
Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Worcester County Health Department offers a variety of reproductive health services to Teens and healthy women of childbearing age. All services are strictly confidential. For more information on Teen Health, please call 410-632-1100.
- Reproductive Health Services are available to assist individuals with the information and means to exercise personal choice in determining the number and spacing of their children
- Screening for cervical cancer
- Colposcopy referrals for abnormal paps
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections
- Contraceptive information and services
- Pregnancy testing and referral
- Health promotion/disease prevention
- Level 1 infertility services
- Emergency contraception up to five days after unprotected sex
- Easy appointment scheduling - can typically schedule new appointments within a week
- For more information on reproductive health check out these links: www.teenpregnancy.org, www.iwannaknow.org, www.girlshealth.gov., phpa.health.maryland.gov/mch., www.healthywomen.org
Who can get this service?
- Services are available to both males and females.
- These services are available to any Worcester County resident in need of contraception.
- Due to Federal law, teens can receive confidential reproductive health services without parental permission. We do encourage teens to involve their parent/guardian in all health care choices.
Where is this service provided?
How much does this service cost?
Payment methods include sliding fee scale, payment plan, medical assistance and some private insurances.
We accept certain insurance, the Family Planning Card, and Medical Assistance.
If you are uninsured, the cost is based on a sliding scale fee (based on your income). Be sure to bring with you proof of income (last two paycheck stubs). Services are not denied based on inability to pay.
Maryland Medicaid Information:
Maryland Medicaid has expanded family planning insurance coverage for women and men who are 51 or younger and at or below 200% of the federal poverty level.
The expanded coverage now includes:
- Physical exams such as pelvic and breast exams
- Screenings for breast and cervical cancer, and sexually transmitted infections
- Advice about birth control methods
- Contraceptive management and emergency contraception.
Applications for coverage can be found by visiting health.maryland.gov or for questions, please call the Snow Hill Health Department at 410-632-1100 or the Berlin Health Department at 410-629-0164.
Additional support and information for women:
Reproductive Health services are provided by the Nursing Program.